Building a commercial construction project is often a new experience for commercial real estate developers. If you haven’t been through the process before, it can be quite daunting.
However, if you know what you should be asking your commercial contractor prior to getting the process started, you should feel more at peace with the entire operation.
Here’s a list of 10 questions that every small business owner must ask before hiring a commercial contractor.
- What are your pre-construction processes?
- How do you prequalify the subcontractors?
- What are your quality control processes?
- How long will it take to complete your project?
- How do you manage lien waivers from subcontractors and their vendors?
- What sets you apart from your competitors?
- How do you manage project costs on a project?
- Were your last 3 projects delivered on time?
- If our building plans need to be modified, how much do you charge for change orders?
- Will a project manager always be on-site to serve as our point of contact throughout construction?